People sometimes think that writing isn’t as relevant as it used to be, because students now spend so much time online that traditional writing tasks and text types seem outmoded. However, although it’s true that most people don’t handwrite as much as they used to, the growth of online activity means that we’re generally writing much, much more than we did. So, writing is, in fact, a vital 21st century skill which needs to take a central role in any set of learning materials.
This book provides:
- a discussion of issues specific to writing activities.
- an overview of task types and help with selecting the best task for your focus (e.g. content, layout, specific language features, etc.).
- step-by-step instructions for writing a good model text
- guidance on the logical staging of activities.
- additional considerations if writing for digital media.
This book forms part of the ELT Teacher 2 Writer training course. The course is designed to help you write better ELT materials, either for publication, or simply to improve the quality of your self-produced classroom materials.
How To Write Writing Activities forms part of our How To Write Excellent ELT Materials: The Skills Series compendium.
Rachael has been an ELT teacher and teacher trainer for over 20 years, and writing ELT materials since 1998. Among other titles, she is the author of IELTS Foundation, Premium B1, the new edition of Total English Intermediate (Pearson) and Navigate B1+ and B2 (OUP). Rachael is also a Life Coach for teachers and other educational professionals.
Where To Buy This Book
As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases made via the Kindle and Paperback links.